Friday, January 23, 2015

Jungian Typology

Your Type
INTJ
Introvert(78%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(89%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)
How Do You Want to Leverage The Type?


     I found the Jung typology test to be extremely fascinating. I was an INTJ, with high preference in introversion over extraversion, and in judging over perceiving.
The type indicator was very helpful, as it went more in depth into traits of the various typologies. While I was reading through mine, I had several “Ah ha!” moments. For work, I prefer to be left alone with a task, and cannot stand interruptions. I also struggle with unpleasant feelings when a colleague doesn’t respect me as a fellow professional.
     
     There are many aspects of my INTJ personality that bleed into my life as a student. I don’t like group projects, I prefer to work alone, because I know I will meet the deadlines I set for myself, and will put off almost everything to finish what I start. When I do have to do a group assignment, I get very frustrated with people who don’t contribute as much as I do, or those who don’t stick to the plan and the time restraints. I know I have come across as bossy and tactless when doing something within a group, and it’s really just because I want everything to be planned out and done, and done early (if possible). I also do much better learning/working at my own pace, which is why I love the online classes. I am leaning towards WGU to complete my teaching degree, because it is available completely online.

      As far as writing goes, one of the things mentioned on https://thepurpleenglishteacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/intj.pdf was that INTJs need to accept feedback from people. This is a HUGE struggle for me. I don’t handle criticism well, I take it very personally, or I just ignore what someone says to avoid dealing with it. It’s nice to know that having this difficulty is just part of my typology. I found another line interesting, “Need to soften their otherwise firm statements”. Well, that’s just me in a nutshell. I don’t cut myself a lot of slack, and I have a hard time doing that with others, and that comes out a great deal when I write. I have to remember that (especially without tone of voice and facial cues) written words can come across more harshly than you mean them. I hope to work on that this semester, and be able to reel myself back from bluntness when writing.

      I really enjoyed taking this test, and it offered a great deal of insight into why I do things the way I do in work, school, and writing.

~Katrina~

1 comment:

  1. Good. Be specific and do not assume your audience knows the language of the indicators or how they do, or do not, apply to you. How will this impact your specifically as a writer and as a student? ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete