Sunday, March 1, 2015

"Live long and prosper."

As I'm sure most of you know, Leonard Nimoy passed away on Friday.

I grew up watching the original "Star Trek" series and movies. I knew who Mr. Spock was from the time I was four. I knew him from a small part in the classic horror film "Them".

This year, a student and I share a "secret" handshake. We do the Vulcan "live long and prosper" hand sign.

Needless to say, I was rather sad at his passing. I had to find a few moments to myself at work to shed a few tears.

Rest in peace, Mr. Nimoy. You lived long, you prospered, and you inspired the many.


1 comment:

  1. I was very sad when I heard that he passed away. His role of Spock was amazing! It is amazing how much of an impact he has made even though Star Trek came so many years ago. I believe there are very few actors that are considered timeless and Leonard Nimoy is on that list! LLAP

    ReplyDelete