Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reflection Blog Post

3/1/15

I have been contemplating how to complete this assignment all week. I have many feelings on the subject of such a reflection, and have finally settled on this.

This assignment, while it has been different, has not inspired me or built my confidence as a writer. If I had to narrow down the slim lessons learned and sum them up in one sentence, it would be this: Do what you are supposed to do, even if it seems fruitless and frustrating.

I am certain that if there had been feedback, a guiding hand to lead me down the road to what this assignment was supposed to achieve, I would have enjoyed it more. As it stands, I find myself uncertain and insecure about my abilities as a writer, which is something I have never experienced before. I do not know if I am doing this in a satisfactory manner, I do not know if I have met the assignment parameters. I do not know, I do not know. I do not like not knowing. It goes against my grain.

I am hoping for a better second half to this semester. I am hoping to learn and grow as a writer, to learn more abilities and improve my style. I hope to receive the feedback I need to make these things happen. Above all else, I suppose...I want to know.

Namarie,
~K~

1 comment:

  1. Kayla - The purpose of this assignment was to gain fluency. The best feedback possible for fluency is to write more and more often. If I were to be in everyone's blog each day to offer feedback it would be to write an hour then another. Fluency is gained by practice, but there is only so much I can gain. What I am happy to read is that you were able to gain confidence in your writing even though this was not a direct goal of the assignment. Good for you. As I read through each post as a body of work, I notice a strengthening of word skill and flow that usually is better gained in formal writing. This means you have pushed yourself. I look forward to reading your selected posts more closely and will comment when I do so. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete