Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Free Writing Day 15

"Buffy" and Another Snow Day

2/18/15

I'm sitting here, huddled under a blanket while watching episodes of "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" with my Mom. I am incredibly grateful for the additional snow day...I've been working on homework all morning, and have most of my assignments for this week and some for next completed. After lunch, I think I'll start catching up on my readings for my classes. With the work load we've had this semester, I've fallen behind, only able to read what I need for quizzes and assignments. I hate learning like that. I want to read the entire chapter and take notes!

I would love to have a snow week, in a way. I know Spring Break is right around the corner, but time off to rest and catch up is always nice. 

I used to watch Buffy every morning before school during high school. I'm not sure why, because it's cheesy as all get out, but I absolutely love it. Between Spike and Xander's quippy hatred of one another, and Buffy's adorable one liners...it's awesome.

We're watching the episode where Giles gets turned into a demon. I have to say...I've always been Team Riley. I know everyone's all "gaga" over Angel, but I think Riley was the best choice for her. Spike was a close second. A human guy who could keep up with her intellectually and physically, plus someone who could understand her hidden life. She would never be happy with a "nice normal guy", and she couldn't ever truly reconcile being with a vampire, either.

I think it's time for some hot chocolate and mini pretzels. 

Namarie.
~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment