Thursday, February 19, 2015

Free Writing Day 16

2/19/15

I am so angry right now. I just feel like commitment and loyalty don't mean anything anymore. I have friends who are going through divorces, cheating spouses, and bad breakups. They're being used and abused, as am I, and it just makes me want to scream.

Didn't we all learn in grade school that being honest was important? Didn't we learn that to be a good friend meant thinking about the other person's feelings as well as your own, sometimes even putting them ahead of your own?

I get that a lifelong commitment to another human being is tough. It's why I haven't accepted or really been interested in any offers. I will NOT rush into marriage, because I take those vows really seriously. If you're not happy, try your hardest to work it out. I'm not talking about physical or emotional abuse. No one should put up with that. If you're unhappy, try counseling. Try talking. Try listening.

Don't cheat on your significant other. At all. Emotionally or physically. Just don't. Give them a clean break. Don't sully the bond between you by dragging someone else into something so intimate as a marriage. JUST DON'T.

I'm sorry if this post sounds harsh, or if you're thinking, "Oh, she's single, she doesn't know." Maybe I don't...but being honest and holding to vows you make seems like a big deal...something everyone should at least TRY to do.

Namarie,
~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment