Thursday, February 5, 2015

Free Writing Day 2, AKA "Jumbled Mess"

2/5/15

Tonight, I have writer’s block. I can’t think of something that strikes me as “meaningful”, so I think this will be a rambling free write. Rambling. I wonder what the origin of that word is? Words. Words. Words. Words are wonderful things. I wish I knew more, I wish I had the recall I used to, the ability to feel like a walking, talking thesaurus. The last five years have made my brain so full and distracted that I have trouble coming up with the words I want at times.

I’m listening to the soundtrack from “Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers”. Music is such a profound part of my life. I listen to music whenever I can. I love dark, minor-chord filled pieces. I like dark, “angry” bands (Evanescence, Hinder, Korn). I don’t normally like light and happy things like Taylor Swift or The Beach Boys. That being said, I have a diverse taste in music. I’m just as happy listening to Gregorian Chants or Beethoven as I am to The Beatles or Shinedown. I love soundtracks and scores…especially things by Danny Elfman and Howard Shore. Danny Elfman. Whenever I think of him, I think of Tim Burton. He’s one of my favorite directors, although I’m not a fan of his “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”. I fell in love with Edward Scissorhands and Jack Skellington as a kid. I know, I know…I’m a weirdo. I’m proud of it.

I wish I had more time for reading. I miss being able to pick up something besides a textbook. I just don’t have time. I come home from work and do schoolwork for five hours, then I get ready for the next day and crash. I’m really looking forward to Spring Break, and I plan on staying off my laptop and off my phone, and reading like a crazy person. I hope to read at least four books, maybe more.

I can’t focus tonight. I’m just too tired. My sleep was broken by horrible dreams, and I had a hard time falling back asleep after each one that would wake me up. I can’t go to bed yet, because I still have so much to do for this week. I’m glad tomorrow is Friday. Weekends are nice, I can sleep in a little, and I only have to do schoolwork. I know this exhaustion will be worth it when I’m a teacher, and working on other degrees, but right now…I want to sleep!

Word count is really low, comparatively speaking. I’m not typing as fast as I normally do. Now I feel like Doug the Dog from the movie “Up”…”Squirrel!”. Sheesh. Dogs. My dog is adorable. He can be a pain in the booty, but he’s adorable. He always knows when I’m sleepy and down, and he’ll come over and demand to be petted. Silly goose.


Oh! New “Big Bang Theory” and “Elementary” tonight. I wonder if I’ll actually be awake to watch “Elementary” this week.  "Squirrel!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment