Thursday, February 26, 2015

Free Writing Post 24

2/26/15

What do you mean, "Elementary" won't be on tonight because of the Victoria's Secret Show? What is this heresy?

This makes me really upset, and not just because I have to miss a Sherlock story. The whole campaign bothers me. Sickly skinny women parading around in lingerie, and it's advertised almost like it's a huge sporting event. Endless commercials, and an announcer who tells me it's "guaranteed to raise your temperature". Well, I've got news for you, buddy...the only reason my temperature is rising is because you're taking the place of my show!

I'm not saying I only watch things that are considered "nerdy", because I don't. I have binge-watched "America's Next Top Model" and "Sex and the City", and I love them both. I will say that SatC at least shows women working, living "normal" lives, etc, etc, and ANTM is just fun. But come on...don't take away my Sherlock to plaster TV screens with scantily clad women. Sheesh.

So now, I have an extra hour of time tonight. I may watch some "Doctor Who" or "The Borgias". I don't know. Yes, I could use the time to study, read ahead, whatever...but I want my relax time!

Namarie,
~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment